Master the Foundation of Searching in SuiteScript
Searches, reports, and analytics are some of the most commonly requested NetSuite customizations a SuiteScript developer is asked to create. In order to build these types of features, you must have a solid foundation of knowledge on SuiteScript's searching capabilities.
Basic Searching in SuiteScript is intended to help you build that solid foundation through realistic, functional examples.
Chapter 1: The Anatomy of a SuiteScript Search
Example: Who are our Customers in California?
- The basic formula for searching with the SuiteScript API and its N/search module
- How to create a new Search with simple Filters and Columns
- How to execute a Search and iterate over its Results
- How to read values from a Search Result
Chapter 2: A More Concise Search
Example: Who are our Customers in California? (the short version)
- How to define much more concise, readable Filters using Filter Expressions
- How to define Columns in a more condensed manner
Chapter 3: How Many Results Does My Search Have?
Example: How many Customers are there in California?
- How to count the number of results a specific Search will return
- How to retrieve a specific number of Results from the whole set
- How to define Summary Columns for summarizing Search data
Chapter 4: AND Relationships in Filter Expressions
Example: Who are the Customers for a specific Sales Rep in a specific State?
- How to combine multiple Filters with an AND relationship
- A pattern for isolating the definition of a Search from how its Results are processed
- A comparable method for the Use Expressions Saved Search functionality in the UI
Chapter 5: OR Relationships and Grouping Criteria
Example: Which Customers for a specific Sales Rep have either an Overdue Balance or a Credit Hold?
- How to combine multiple Filters with an OR relationship
- How to build complex Search Filters by combining groups of AND and OR relationships
Chapter 6: Retrieving Data from Related Records
Example: What is the Email Address of the Primary Contact on each matching Customer record?
- How to retrieve data from Related Records by using Join Columns
- How to filter based on data from Related Records using Join Filters
Chapter 7: Filtering by Empty Fields
Example: Which Customers have no email address specified?
Example 2: Which Customers have no Sales Rep specified?
- How to filter a Search based on empty text fields
- How to identify a common mistake when searching for an empty text value
- How to filter a Search based on empty Select fields using @NONE@
Chapter 8: Loading and Executing a Saved Search
Example: Which Customers in California have no Sales Rep specified?
- How to load and execute an existing Saved Search from SuiteScript
- How to modify the Filters and Columns of the loaded Search
- How to save modifications to a Saved Search from SuiteScript
My Insta-Refund Guarantee
If you are less than 100% satisfied with your purchase and email me saying so, I will immediately click the Refund button and return 100% of your money, no questions asked.
Questions? Still not sure?
Email me with your questions or concerns, and I'll reply directly. I'll also send you a sample chapter.