Learn to Build Complex Searches in SuiteScript
Searches, reports, and analytics are some of the most commonly requested NetSuite customizations a SuiteScript developer is asked to create. In order to build these types of features, you must have a solid foundation of knowledge on SuiteScript's searching capabilities.
Advanced Searching in SuiteScript builds on the foundation established in Basic Searching in SuiteScript; it is intended to help you create more advanced, complex NetSuite Searches using the SuiteScript API.
Chapter 1: What if I have more than 4000 Results?
Example: Retrieve all of our active Customers, Prospects, and Leads
- Two different methods for obtaining more than the 4000 Result limit imposed by SuiteScript
- How to use SuiteScript's Paging API for Search Results
- How to control the Page Size in your Results
- A concise way to count the number of Results for a Search
Chapter 2: Summary Filters and Columns
Example: Which Employees have logged more than 40 hours this week?
- How to leverage SUM, MAX, MIN, COUNT, and AVG Summaries in your Filters and Columns
- How to express Summary Filters in both Filter Expressions and Filter Objects
Chapter 3: Formula Filters and Columns
Example: Which Time Entries were created more than 7 days after the work was completed?
- How to leverage SQL formulas in your Search Filters and Columns
- How to compare the values of two different Result Columns
- How to read Results correctly when you have multiple Formula Columns of the same type
Chapter 4: Searching for the Absence of Something
Example: Which Employees have no Time Entries in the past week?
- A pattern for combining multiple Search Result sets to find "absent" data
Chapter 5: Internal IDs in Search Results
Example: What's the Internal ID for this Search Result?
- How to retrieve the Internal ID for a standard Search Column
- How to retrieve the Internal ID for a Summary Column
My Insta-Refund Guarantee
If you are less than 100% satisfied with your purchase and email me saying so, I will immediately click the Refund button and return 100% of your money, no questions asked.
Questions? Still not sure?
Email me with your questions or concerns, and I'll reply directly. I'll also send you a sample chapter.