Master the Foundation of Querying in SuiteScript
NetSuite's Workbook functionality exposes the most powerful, flexible, useful Analytics the platform can provide. In order to build these Workbooks, you must have a solid foundation of knowledge on SuiteScript's querying capabilities.
Basic Querying in SuiteScript is intended to help you build that solid foundation through realistic, functional examples utilizing SuiteScript 2.0's N/query module.
Chapter 1: The Anatomy of a SuiteScript Query
Example: Who are our Individual Customers?
- The basic formula for querying with the SuiteScript API and its N/query module
- How to create a new Query with simple Conditions and Columns
- How to execute a Query and iterate over its Results
- How to read values from a Query Result
Chapter 2: A More Concise Query
Example: Who are our Individual Customers? (the short version)
- How to define much more concise, readable Columns
- How to condense the Result data structure for easier parsing and manipulation
Chapter 3: How Many Results Does My Query Have?
Example: How many Individual Customers are there?
- How to count the number of results a specific Query will return
Chapter 4: Multiple Query Conditions
Example: Which Customers for a specific Sales Rep have an Overdue Balance?
- How to combine multiple Conditions with logical relationships
- A pattern for isolating the definition of a Query from how its Results are processed
Chapter 5: Retrieving Data from Related Records
Example: What is the Email Address of the Primary Contact on each matching Customer record?
- How to retrieve data from Related Records by using Join Columns
- How to filter based on data from Related Records using Join Conditions
Chapter 6: Sorting Query Results
Example: Which Customers have the highest Overdue Balance?
- How to sort Query results on multiple Columns
- How to set the direction of a Sort
- How to specify the case-sensitivity of a Sort
- How to handle empty or null values with a Sort
Chapter 7: Loading and Executing a Workbook
Example: Loading and executing an existing Workbook
- How to load and execute an existing Workbook from SuiteScript
My Insta-Refund Guarantee
If you are less than 100% satisfied with your purchase and email me saying so, I will immediately click the Refund button and return 100% of your money, no questions asked.
Questions? Still not sure?
Email me with your questions or concerns, and I'll reply directly.